1. What information do we collect?
We collect two types of information about you:
- Information that identifies you: this is your “personal information,” which includes, for example, information that you provide to us such as your first and last name, home address, telephone number, email address, payment information (including your credit card number), social security number and any medical information you provide to us in connection with the settlement of your medical bills; and
- Information that relates to you, but on its own does not identify you: this includes anonymous information about the use of our website, including your Internet connection, the computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (“Device”) you use to access the Site, the page served, the time, the preceding page views, and your use of features the Site ("Usage Information"). We or our service providers may also collect your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier") for the Device you use to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the Site, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track web page movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
2. How do we collect your information?
The methods we use to collect information about you are as follows:
- Directly from you, when you provide it to us: for example, when you fill out the Application Form or provide us with your contact information to respond to your questions.
- Automatically, when you use the Site: may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect Usage Information. The technologies used to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, include but are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Site), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed).
Learn more about cookies:
- To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of Cookies you receive from us, or delete Cookies that have already been installed in your browser's Cookie folder, please refer to your browser's help menu or other instructions related to your browser. If you do disable or opt out of receiving Cookies, we will honor your request, however please be aware that some features and services on our Site may not work properly.
- You can also learn more about Cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional, useful information on Cookies and how to block Cookies using different types of browsers.
3. How do we use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To deliver our services to you: We will use your information to provide you with the services or information you request from us.
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs and to understand how our Site is used so that we can continuously improve them, and the services we provide to you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your questions or requests and to provide any technical support required in connection with your use of the Site.
- To send periodic emails: Your email address may be used to send you send you service-related communications, including information and updates relating to our efforts to settle your medical bills or communications with your medical provider, in addition to occasional company news and updates.
- To enforce our Site policies: Your information will help us enforce our Site policies, including preventing fraud or potentially illegal activities and protecting the safety of users and others on our Site.
4. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter or submit your personal information on the Site. We also ask the service providers that help us deliver our online services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personal information you provide via the Site. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
5. Who do we share your information with?
- Business Transfers: We may share your personal information with other entities for business and operational purposes. In the event that MedBillIQ is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
Non-personally identifiable or aggregated visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
6. What is Our Policy on Children?
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian's consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
7. If you are a California citizen – what are you California privacy rights?
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by MedBillIQ to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us:
229 Sunset Blvd Suite 222 West Hollywood, CA 90069
9. How to contact us?
229 Sunset Blvd Suite 222 West Hollywood, CA 90069